Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Free Fall

Free-fall:
1. noun; the hypothetical fall of a body such that the only force acting upon it is that of gravity.
2. the part of a parachute descent before the parachute opens.

A pretty incredible way of living, if you ask me. Free falling into the unknown, completely terrifying until you realize how amazing it feels. Your mind is cleared as you open your eyes and see all the places it can take you.
This week I've realized that I've been holding on so tight to my future that my dreams have been limited. Someone said something to me the other day that really woke me up. "When you limit your dreams and put them in a box, they become someone else's dreams". So often I am so hard on myself, filling my own thoughts with self doubt. Darkening my dreams and watching my "bright future" take a brutal fall.
Well, ovbiously I need a little faith and a BIG attitude adjustment. So I'm done doubting, overanalyzing, self patronizing. I'm excited about the future God has for me and the perseverance He is granting.

"And the worst part is
Before it gets any better
We're headed for a cliff
And in the free fall
I will realize I'm better off
When I hit the bottom"-Paramore

1 comment: