
Wow. I honesltly dont even know where to begin. Recently got back from my trip to Haiti, the most incredible and eye opening experience ever. I still can't believe how incredible it was. Funny, when initially asked if I wanted to go, I really felt called. I wanted to keep serving God through missions. Better described, "Called: An instant addict" seems about right. But leading up to the trip, I was so confused. My summer had been significantly lacking in the "Presence of God" department. I felt like all I had was the initial call to Haiti, which wasn't easy to hold onto while running into several frustrating obstacles along the way (isnt that the way it always goes).
Spending most of my summer focused on overcoming my fears, this was definitely the ultimate test for me. I can't even begin to describe what was going through my head on the plane ride to Haiti. Everything about that plane: complete chaos. People getting on without passports, getting yelled at in Creole by a stout old Haitian lady, the pilot walking around spilling his coffee on people... in all honesty, I remember sitting by the window, nervously looking for the paper barf bag. Yeah, I was scared as all get out. I'll admit that right now. Overwhelmed, what else was there to think besides, "omg what have I gotten myself into? I am in way over my head!" I think I can safely say I prayed half of the plane ride, then spent the rest of it searching through my list of common Creole phrases including "Je ne pas parse Kreole". yeah, I was that girl. Not exactly how I expected to feel on the way to the trip of a lifetime. Up until then, I honestly felt recklessly fearless. So what the heck happened?! It makes me laugh just thinking about how much I let Satan get in my head on that plane. The spiritual warfare there was undeniable. Thank the Lord (literally) all the fears that had been bearing down on me, completely disappeared the second I stepped off the plane. Can you say, miracle? I think so!
Finally in Haiti. And by that I mean: "Been waiting since the day I got back from Colombia to be serving again" in Haiti. Finally able to feel exactly what i'd been searching for since March. That undeniable feeling of knowing this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. My calling in life. Missions. There's something about them... really, it's indescribable. It's like waking up after having been asleep for (oh, idk) 21 years. Or able to see after being blind your entire life. Or, better yet, knowing (for the first time) that you've found exactly what you've been longing and waiting for you're entire life. The only place you really belong. Let me tell you, Its better than contentment. It's fulfillment. Peaceful.
Anyway, I gotta get back to work (aka reality). There is so much more to say, so don't worry this isn't the last entry on Haiti :)

Love the post as always! :)Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete